Do you need a job now? Then use the best job search plan ever created.
Come on! How could it possibly be the best EVER created? Because it was created for only one person. You.
I have seen it happen over and over.
One guy is out of work for less than a month, and he gets a job offer with a raise.
It takes 6 months to get a job for the guy who sat next to him. This poor guy was doing exactly the same job, got better performance ratings, and would get rehired first if the job was re-opened. To make things worse, the guy who took six months accepts a huge pay cut.
It isn’t fair, but it happens every day.
It isn’t luck. The guy who finds a job quickly did things differently. He may have instinctively done the few most critical steps within the first days of losing his job. He may also have mapped out a strategy and executed it. Either way, he got the critical steps executed. He got the job.
The critical steps most often screwed up by the guys who take 6 months to find a job.
For 22 years I’ve been watching people get jobs in days, or wait a year to find a job. The steps most often screwed up are:
- The resume stunk, and he never found out.
- He burned his best leads before he was prepared.
- Monster became his momma.
- HR (Human Resources Department) was his master.
- He never expanded his network, but he talked to a zillion people.
- Interviews never seemed to go right.
- He waited for a phone call back.
- He thought recruiters were his friends
Give me a call or research these topics on my blog.
No, I don’t guarantee that you will get a job offer in 5 weeks. But I will put 22 years of experience behind your job search.