Kids can be a practically irresistible force. I have 10 children. Usually I can resist them. Not always. Sometimes they have to admit defeat, but with kids they don’t admit defeat till they have exhausted every avenue towards success. Here’s how they win.
- Be totally, irresistibly, and eternally committed to a world changing idea
- Jump up and down with enthusiasm
- “No” means not now
- “Not now” means try again in 5 minutes
- Laugh, smile and tickle your dad
- Run around and get all the other kids excited out of their minds
- Ask dad for help to figure out how to do it
- Cry if dad is not listening
- See if you can turn it into a school project
- Ask mom to talk to dad about it
- Bring a partially completed task to dad to be fixed
- Change your plans and try again in an hour
- A small explosion in the yard will get dad’s attention
- Make it a game
Kids win because they are too excited to accept defeat. They are willing to try every possible way around an obstacle. When I am the obstacle and they are really really determined, they know they can win.
Is there a job you really really want? Why not job hunt like a kid?
Something to do today
Take a pen and paper and translate each of those 14 things into something you can use for job hunting or working for a promotion in real life.